Toshiba SL753 series settings

somersetpaul

Established Member
Reaction score
Just bought the 32" version of this LED side-lit LCD as an upgrade to my 32CV to gain Freeview HD, 1080p and 100Hz.

I have a few issues which need resolving (sorry problems that need fixing)!

Settings out of the box are good on HD Freeview, but colours over-blown and skin tones too orange on SD studio type viewing (BBC News/QVC etc,).

Changes from (standard) default settings have helped a bit:

Back light - 70
Contrast - 70
Colour - minus 5
Black/white - 5
Auto brightness - off

but skin tones still look a bit orange. Not brave enough to go into advanced colour settings I'm afraid.

Problem 2 - can't get ARC to work with my Panasonic cinema system, have enabled it on the Panny but no sound so have to use optical digital in.

Problem 3 - auto format aspect ratio selects Cinema when I use my Humax Freesat recorder instead of wide. So I have turned off auto format and set the TV to wide, which is fine (Humax set to 16:9) but I can't use the TV's 4:3stretch with auto format off. Not a major problem but I can't work out why its not working.

Overall this has been a good upgrade and HD picture quality is stunning but if you are thinking of buying this set I have to advise the sound from the inbuilt speakers is terrible and there is lightening of the corners from the backlight during dark scenes.

I have the light sensor turned off as it is so agressive (dims screen too much). There is a graph in the advanced settings to alter this but would welcome a starting point from somebody (expert) who has done this professionally.

Finally, my set has four stuck pixels. Anyone know Toshiba's policy on this?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom