Toshiba Service menu ?????

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Timh, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +272
    I own a Toshiba SD-510 which use to lock up when it got hot, since I moved it to its own shelf, it hasn't locked up, but recently I have had problems with discs pausing for a second or two (no its not the layer change).
    1, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang R2
    2, Whath of Khan disc 2 R1
    3, The Wedding singer R2, started to show subtitles half way through the film, I then could not switch off the subtitles.
    These disc's play fine in my Sony DVP-335 player.

Can anyone tell me how to Enter the service menu? On Sony players you can Auto Calibrate the laser, maybe I could do this with my Player.
    I don't really want to send it back as the fault is temperamental and it would probably play fine back at the dealers.

thanks in advance.

p.s

I purchased the Toshiba thinking it was made in Japan, how wrong I was, another cheap player made in China

:mad:

2. S H A D O

S H A D O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,733
    Hi

Have you tried a Laser Lens cleaner? Might be worth a go. I don´t know of any Service Menu as such for the Toshibas, if there is one I´d like to know how to get into myself!:)

3. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +272
    Hi jase

Yes I have tried a Len's cleaner with no effect, I wonder if its worth cleaning the track the Laser runs on, I use to own a Technics CD player which used to stick until I cleaned and oiled the track.

4. S H A D O

S H A D O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,733
    Probably worth a go as well. One of our older Tosh 210´s had a problem that was rectified with a thorough cleaning of all the laser assembly etc. It used to stop part way thru a film, pixellate the image then lock out completely.