toshiba seeing red

sc1977

Established Member
Reaction score
right im not sure what this is but if there is no signal going to my telt the black screen is very red ish ive tried all manor of adjustments on the menus its the same with an rgb in put and a svhs input

the set in question is a Toshiba 28W8DB

anybody have a similar problem or have any thoughts?

stu

On the second of my Tosh 32ZD26's i noticed that the reds were much stronger than on the first. Upon entering the service menu i noticed that the RCUT setting was much higher. Lowering the value made the picture less red. Playing with xCUT and xDRV settings you can make the picture less/more red, green or blue. Be very careful in here though and note down any of your original settings before modifying them.

does any body know how to access the service menu for the said television thats if there is one?

RCUT does not effect the red value, it screws up the grey level.

The excessive red is a fault with the colour decoder. There is no fix.

Reduce colour (saturation) instead.

My Toshiba is has the "Red Push" problem, reducing colour to 35 helps.

id still like to access the service menu if anybody knows how?

Mute the TV.

Press unmute on the remote. At the same time press menu on the TV front panel.

IF YOU SCREW THE SET UP IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT!! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE!!

TA M8 ill write down what the current settings are so i can put them back do you know what all the letters stand for and what the do ?:smashin:

thx mate ill try later and see if i can loose some of the red:smashin:

right i have droppped the RCUT down a bit and im happy for now, the red isnt quite a vibrant as it should be but i like the colours kind of washed out anyway (dont know why always adjusted my tvs that way) the black is black now instead of a redish brown but if this is a known fault then im sure ill be adjusting it again in time

cheers for the info nathan!!!!:smashin: :smashin:

ok iv developed a big blue/turqoise patche on the left hand side now i think its fair to say its had it

does anyone know if this is worth tacking to a tv engineer or should i phone my insurance company?:rolleyes:

Had a very similar problem with my old Toshiba(same model as yours)which unfortunately was due to a tube fault,said to be arcing between the guns in the tube.
Anyway,resulted in a new tube at approx £300 which cost me £50 under the insurance.

If you have valid insurance,or a guarantee,try that first....good luck.

I have/had the same problem on my 32ZD08B. Its now at the Tosh service centre having a new tube fitted. Its been gone 4 weeks now and as far as I can find out there waiting for a new tube from Toshiba.

Bazza

thankyou chaps..did a quick search and found this thread. Had a red issue on our 32mw8db for months..now it's lush and blackness again :)
haha, funny thing is we got our new TV delivered yesterday (36zp38) so the 32 is now in my 13yr old bedroom with his amp etc..so he's well kitted up ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom