1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba SD900E, progressive and other DVD options

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by carrera2rs, Jun 16, 2002.

1. carrera2rs

carrera2rs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I am just starting to put together a DVD system and have settles on the projector, a sim HT200DM. I am interested in thoughts for the DVD. I need progressive (Like I guess!) and have considered the following units;

Denon 2800
    Sony DVD-S900ES
    Toshiba SD-900E
    Arcam DV88
    Pioneer 747

I have read all the reviews and my conclusions so far seem to be that the DV88 would probably top the pile ? The trouble is it is £1,300 with the progressive the there's the DV27 at 1,600 including progressive. The Toshiba lists at £1,300 have seen it as cheap as £799 multiregion. The Denon 2800 seems to have problems with progressive/software. The pioneer seems to be a 737 with more features ?

Anyone know if the Pioneer or Toshiba can be hacked to run progressive on all region discs ? The Toshiba has come with lots of recomendations and seems a good buy at that price ?

Thanks for any help

Adrian:D

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Hi

The Arcam DV 27 is your best bet if you want true Pal Progressive as well as NTSC but its expensive. The Toshiba SD900 is a bargain at 700 quid, it will downconvert PAL to NTSC for progressive output but according to posts I´ve come across on here it doesnt do it well though cant confirm it for myself.

LeConcepts say their mod allows for true Pal Progressive so might be worth you double checking with them. Ive got the Tosh but dont have a Prog scan compatible tv so cant check if it can or cant.

cheers

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    See my posts about the Philips 962SA, cost me £550 from Hivizone.com, NTSC and PAL progressive (DCDi Faroudja!), SACD multi channel, fantastic player and an absolute bargain compared to the alternatives!

Cheers,
    Andy.