Toshiba SD530

LDJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Tosh SD530 ?
I can find suprisingly little info on this player, even though it seems to have a great spec and a reasonable price. In fact, i've only seen it for sale in two places, both at £180 - how come this player is so little-known?

Are there any reviews for it? does anyone have any comments? SHould the fact its not even listed on the toshiba homepage bother me? is there a better player for this kinda money than the tosh?

the 530 isnt as good as the older 510e, which was very good.

EDIT

if u havent seen anything else or this is a first DVD player it will be good.

might be worth checking the pioneer and denon (2200) out first as these are universal.

I have one and think its excellent.

I bought it for the Pal/NTSC prog scan picture and can find very little fault (partnered to a screenplay 4800)

Some people have suggested that this player has problems with fast pans and perhaps jaggies but I could not fault it.

Tried three other PS players before this and was not happy til I got the Tosh.

Very nice looks and menus as well as a very usefull zoom.

Just my tuppence :cool:

had 2 of these from le concepts. Both were pants! skipped terribly on any pan shots. Stay well clear. I would also avoid le concepts, their aftersales service is abyssmal!

well while i agree about the dvd player your view about leconcepts must just be a bad experience.

most of my kit has come from them and i have never had a problem bar once with the panasonic screen. I must say they were the driving party on getting the screen sorted with panasonic.

there after sales for me was first rate.

I guess it's just the luck of the draw then! I finally got my CC refunded today(including return postage). I now have the Denon 2200. This machine performs excellantly-I didn't buy from le concepts though!

Originally posted by gandley
most of my kit has come from them and i have never had a problem bar once

You've never had a problem with them, apart from that problem you did have with them?

I had problems with them as well, with a DVD player purchase. Their telephone manner is poor enough when you're trying to buy something - so you can imagine what it's like when you're trying to obtain a refund :(

well the plasma developrd a fault a week after purchase, hardlly there fault as the proplem was a common fault with the panasonic.

i talked direct to serb who arrage collection and liased with panasonic about the problem on my behalf and kept chasing panasonic to get it sorted.
i could ask no more. considering i have bought about 6 dvd players from them, 3 AV amps, 2 plasma screens, and stuff for friends and family i cant complain.

always found there staff to be very helpful, quik email response,
and there willing to barter.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom