1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba SD520E and projector

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Gary Lightfoot, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,018
    Anybody got this combination?

Two 520s that I've had now show a light green shift to the left (generaly on high quality transfers) when watching PAL, but is perfect in NTSC.

It's not noticeable on a 32" w/s tv unless you use the zoom function, and know where to look, but on a 7ft wide screen it's quite noticable.

It normaly appears where there are skin tones (faces etc) and also leaves a purple edge on the r/h side.

Attack of the Clones showes it up quite nicely in the conference room when Amadal comes into the room - her left ear/face have a slight green tinge, and her right side a purple glow. Anakin has noticable purple tinge on the r/h side of his face after he gets out of the lift with Obi Wan.

Anyone else notice this? I can't believe they're all like this, yet I've had two now that are the same.

Cheers

Gary.

2. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Had the 520 with Tw100 PJ and never noticed a prob. Is the prob in interlased or progressive mode?

What PJ are u using?

3. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,018
    I'm using an NEC HT1000, and it's only in PAL (interlaced). No probs with NTSC in interlaced or progressive.

I've not had the problem with any other player (htpc, Limit 9900se, Philips 963sa, Cambridge Audio 57 or Samsung 709), so I was wondering if it was endemic to the 520 or just a faulty machine.

I have a feeling that I may have been given back the same player I returned - the serial number on the box was different to the one on the player.

I really like this player - a beautiful image with lots of detail, but it would be nice to get one that plays PAL as well as NTSC.

Cheers

Gary.