Toshiba SD510e DVD player with Macrovision

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by torkus, Aug 28, 2002.

1. torkus

torkus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What a delight to find that my player is Macrovision disabled!

I did a test with a region 2 disc and backed a short amount of movie onto my VCR. I used the yellow phono "video out" socket.

Result:- Just a pure clean picture without any problems.

What suprises me is that where I bought this player from, they said that their players were NOT macrovision disabled. Although I did speak to customer services and not the technical guys!

Just goes to show that some people haven't got a clue what they are selling. The player is also multi region and RCE enabled. check out:
    WEB ELECTRICALS

I was a bit concerned to begin with as I didn't know until I bought the player. I intend to buy a front projector in the future and have heard about problems with players that are NOT macrovision disabled connected to projectors.

2. Rainfall

Rainfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yep thats great Torkus, you got the last one m8 from web a few weeks ago! I rang them today I'm looking for this player with no luck so far:( anyone in the UK know of a dealer that still has the Tosh 510e in stock?

cheers Steve

3. Navarre

Navarre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rainfall,

I'm getting a multiregion 510 delivered tomorrow from Sound and Vision in Bolton, £299. They still had some left when I was in the shop on Tuesday. Hope you can get one. Ask for George, top bloke!!

Regards
    Dave

4. ChrisOfTheOT

ChrisOfTheOT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for the fabled SD-510E too - but I can't find any either and I've been all over.

Apparently, the SD-520E is replacing it but again, I can't find anyone who has this model in stock... (Any other pointers?)

As regards Macro Vision - is there any sort of disadvantage to having it removed from the player?

Cheers,

Chris

5. Rainfall

Rainfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks Dave rang and spoke to George today, your correct they have a few in stock, no mod-kits, it will be 2 weeks before their ready for dispatch, I can wait:D still have my LG player to try out my DVDs on the new Panny A100E:D

cheers Steve