Toshiba SD500E or Pioneer PDV-20 - what would you go for?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by whizzles, Jul 3, 2001.

1. whizzles

whizzles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks!

After making use of other people's DVD players and the one built into my PC i've finally decided to buy my very own DVD player and I'm looking for the opinions of people who've experienced two very different players. The first one is the Toshiba SD500E with the twin tray feature and the other is the portable PDV-20 which is pretty hard to acquire if your looking for the multi-region version so I'm waiting for them to come back into stock. I'm in two minds about it because I do like to have a decent quality picture but for the convenience of portability I would sacrifice some of it so long as it's still acceptible. Can anyone tell me if the PDV-20 is good in terms of portable players (bearing in mind that it's connectivity is limited) and have they improved since the last generation? Or should I simply pay a little bit extra for the SD500E because it is far superior?

Thanks in advance!

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,630
    Bump! Can anyone help?