Toshiba SD420E v SD520E

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Tejpal, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Tejpal

Tejpal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im very close to buying one of these, and Im not sure if I should get the SD420 or SD520. I believe SD520 has DVD audio play back, but does this justify the £55 increase in price?

I would be Pushing my limits with the SD520, but if it offers me alot more, I can manage it.

Thanks for any replys,

2. Tejpal

Tejpal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please Reply, Im gonna order tommorrow Morning :eek: :eek:

3. sconepanman

sconepanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 520 also does NTSC Progressive Scan and has a 54MHz video DAC that (supposedly) provides superior performance to the 27MHz DAC in the 420. Also the audio DACs are 192KHz in the 520 and (I think) 96KHz in the 420. If you don't see a diff, is it worth the money? I have heard a couple of DVD-A discs and they were very impressive. I wanted a decent DVD that could also replace my 12 year old Sony CD deck and play DVD-A. The 520 did the trick for me.

4. toninho

toninho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    By the way, I'm also interested in buying the 520. How do you rate its image quality?

5. sconepanman

sconepanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very good on plasma. Not sure if I will see a huge diff from the 420 for region 2 on the 28ZD26 I am getting to go along with it but I was V. impressed when I saw a friends multi region 900E play region 1 in prog scan on his 32" Tosh tube. Bit of a Tosh fest really.