Toshiba SD370E

F

fluxstuff

Hi everyone,

Just about to get one of these from John lewis.

Does anyone know if there's a hack for it?

Or if the hack from previous Toshibas works?

thanks,

David

caddyhound

Standard Member
Hi,I have tried the hack from the SD360 and it does not work:thumbsdow .I am hoping someone will come up with one that does.Regards

caddyhound

Standard Member
Yes ,it will play DIVX ,cd,cdr,dvd,etc etc.Astonishingly good for the price ,it will even upscale to 720p and 1080i if you have an HD television and connect by the HDMI.:thumbsup:

N

nsomas

I Also have the Toshiba SD370E / SD-370E Player can anyone help im trying the code 24039609 but this doesnt work

--------------------
Fuji Plasma P42XHA58, Sky HD, Yamaha Reciever, Marantz SA7001

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
The hack can be downloaded in zip form from here.
There are two files in the zip - the ISO which has to be burned to CD, and the instructions. Please follow the instructions carefully. As usual, AVForums & M2N Limited are not liable for any damage caused if you choose to use this hack.

We know it works, but for the peace of mind of new readers, please reply if you have successfully hacked your machine with it.

Thanks to Prasanna Ariyanayagam for this hack.

wrb

I can confirm this works, and as one of the discs I used to test was the R1 "A Knight's Tale" it works for RCE discs as well.

Willie

T

thxultra1977

No probs people!!!! :thumbsup:
This firmware worked first time. I love this little dvd player!!

jozza66

Standard Member
Just upgraded my SD370 - as expected the hack works 100%

Thanks All.

ianjh

Standard Member
Can I just say a big thanks to thxultra1977 for this hack. It worked perfectly, once I'd realised the correct way to burn an image file using Nero.

:clap::clap:

Likewise, sincere thanks to thxultra1977

worked perfectly once i'd found out how to burn .iso file correctly using Roxio Toast8 - i'm using MAC OSX

Thanks again

ianjh

Cybermanc

Standard Member
Can someone explain CONCISELY how to burn the ISO file to a non-techie please??

I get an 'unrecognised' message on my Tosh despite having dragged the files BUILD.img and SD370e_v888_debug and burnt it to disc??
The files show if I put the disc into my C: drive.

I have WinImage but not really sure what to do:(

The_Cookster

Standard Member
There are a number of programs out there Such as:-

NERO
Alcohol 120
etc

which will burn image files ( or .iso files)

NERO is the easiest. When you open NERO the wizard should guide you through the process.
You cannot just copy an image and burn it to a disk as it will only appear as a data file on your CD.

USe this link for further information (with pictures to help you):-
http://www.wizardskeep.org/mainhall/tutor/neroiso.html

Cybermanc

Standard Member
Cheers Cookster............... I had just popped back on to say I had already managed to do it lol.

I downloaded Nero as someone in a post above had used it and as you say it does the job nicely:smashin:

I now have a multi region player:clap:

CeeBeeUK

Novice Member
I am looking at buying one of these and am glad it can be made region free.

Time for possibly a dumb question...

If the unit is powered off, does pushing the eject button on the remote turn it on and eject the tray?

My Philips dvd doesn't and it drives me potty. To get to the unit I have to walk past the remote. One push of my Tosh's remote eject button and when I get to the TV, I am ready to go. With the Philips:- it's press power button, wait for warmup, press eject button, wait while... it thinks(?).

So annoying :mad:

Cybermanc

Standard Member
I am looking at buying one of these and am glad it can be made region free.

Time for possibly a dumb question...

If the unit is powered off, does pushing the eject button on the remote turn it on and eject the tray?

My Philips dvd doesn't and it drives me potty. To get to the unit I have to walk past the remote. One push of my Tosh's remote eject button and when I get to the TV, I am ready to go. With the Philips:- it's press power button, wait for warmup, press eject button, wait while... it thinks(?).

So annoying :mad:

It does turn on if you eject the tray:thumbsup: I can't belive you are that lazy that it bothers you though:rotfl: After all, you have to walk to the player to put a disc in!!!

CeeBeeUK

Novice Member
It does turn on if you eject the tray:thumbsup: I can't belive you are that lazy that it bothers you though:rotfl: After all, you have to walk to the player to put a disc in!!!
It's not so much the walk! :D

Its the 20. 30 sec delay the other machine has before I can open the tray. Honest.;)

Or can I blame the wife!:rotfl:

Cybermanc

Standard Member
With a 20-30 sec delay you could have sex with the wife............. TWICE lol. Keep her happy then you can watch the film in peace:rotfl:

emthree

Hi, Please help me. I tried Stuart's link but couldn't get it to burn on a CD using nero.

Have you got the same hack then?

You need to go to Nero Burning ROM under applications. On the left side, ISO should be highlighted. At the bottom, click on open and point to where you have saved the link. Burn the iso file and you should be set.

S

StoneAge

I'm new to this. Bought a Toshiba SD370E yesterday and want to play multiregion. Tried the zip and managed to burn the CD but cant get anything to happen when I turn the player on. I keep getting a page with accessibilty U at the top but cant get into any menu page for a start button. Have also just tried entering the code 2403960 on remote without success. HELP!!!

BrianPK

Try again.My player did absolutely nothing at first when I loaded the cd and after waiting a few minutes I pressed enter on remote and locked the player completely.I had to disconnect at mains and was relieved to see tray open.I started again and this time the menu appeared on tv screen and everything worked ok.
You may have to burn new cd again
If you can't get it to work ,I will post my cd to you.I presume it will work in your player.

S

StoneAge

Try again.My player did absolutely nothing at first when I loaded the cd and after waiting a few minutes I pressed enter on remote and locked the player completely.I had to disconnect at mains and was relieved to see try open.I started again and this time the menu appeared on tv screen and everything worked ok.
You may have to burn new cd again
If you can't get it to work ,I will post my cd to you.I presume it will work in your player.

Thanks. What I am getting on the screen is the menu of the contents I've burned onto the cd. I opened it in my computer and got the same page. It won't let me do anything else except use the setup key but there is nothing on that to help. It will play Region 2 dvd without trouble.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

LG UltraGear Gaming Monitors get VESA certification
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sony confirms UK pricing for A90K and A75K Bravia XR 4K OLED TVs
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
LG announces new CineBeam HU915QE 4K laser projector
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast | Maverick IMAX Review, 4K Disc News and More