Toshiba SD360E Pls Help!!

Oliverp

Hi,

I bought a Toshiba SD360E a couple of weeks ago. I tried to connect it to my Hyundai A321 over HDMI but the contrast was terrible (the whites looked all 'digitised' and had no detail, as did the blacks).

I bought a component cable instead and now I have a problem where if there is a bright flash on the screen (like an explosion) the TV will stop recieving a signal for about 1 second.

Firstly, does this sound like a fault with the player and secondly, any suggestions for a good sub £100 hdmi player?

Thanks in advance again

Oliver

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
When you used HDMI did you change the output to 1080i, if not that could make all the difference. Same thing happened to a friend with a Sammy 850 connected HDMI, soon as he upped the output to 1080i all became clear.
Sorry if this is a load of useless info to you.

Oliverp

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried 576, 720 and 1080 and it's all the same with HDMI.

Component doesn't suffer with the same contrast problem, it just blanks the screen whenever there is a bright flash.

Oliver

WGLOVER

Oliverp said:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried 576, 720 and 1080 and it's all the same with HDMI.

Component doesn't suffer with the same contrast problem, it just blanks the screen whenever there is a bright flash.

Oliver

TV sounds faulty, probably all that 'politically correct' solder they have to use these days.

Oliverp

I hope it's not the TV. My other DVD player was ok. I've ordered the Sony one now, hopefully it will work ok!

I can't believe that the DVI port and both component ports could be faulty?

I suppose I'll find out when the new DVD player arrives.

I'm sure I read about a similar problem with the SD360 and brightness contrast errors somewhere else on this forum.

Oliver

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom