Toshiba SD350E Component connections?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Droogie 2001, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Droogie 2001

Droogie 2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I recently bought a Toshiba SD350E DVD player and currently have it connected to my TV into a RGB enabled SCART socket. Everything works fine.
    However as I have an AV Receiver that has Component inputs I want to connect the DVD player with its Components outputs into the AV Receiver components inputs and then from the Receiver into my SCART connection on the TV
    Obviously the reason for this is to get the best possible picture. The TV is a CRT type and has no component inputs.
    Three questions. One is this possible to do?. Does a cable which has component leads one end and a SCART at the other still delivered Component signals to the SCART socket, or will it be RGB.
    Two. Is it worth doing this? The signal will effectively be passing through another device (the Receiver) Will this make the signal no better than RGB.
    I don’t want to buy these extras leads if it is possible to do this just to have a no better or worse picture!
    Lastly if all of this is possible will I also be able to make use of the Progressive scan features of the Player?
    Sorry if this sounds like stupid questions.

2. cabstar

cabstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi

As far as I am aware you can only do progressive scan through component & maybe HDMI??? only.

Your best option using scart only is RGB to the tv.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Gary

3. jamiev

jamiev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    your dvd needs component out, which will go directly to your tv.
    only the sound should be carried through the amp via coaxial or optical connection from your dvd player.