Toshiba SD350 - HDMI problems - help???

K

KingConker

I have the above player and a Hitachi 32LD6200 LCD TV...

Both are great products - but I have a problem! I bought these with the hope of using HDMI in mind

The Hitachi has a DVI connector (no HDMI), but I have the HDMI to DVI lead. The TV detects the DVD player in all HDMI modes upto WXGA. It displays the Toshiba menu OK and plays some DVD's. For example - Lock Stocks plays fine in any HDMI mode, yet amost R1 discs will not - I just get a blue screen. The TV says it detects the signal & the sound is still ouput from the player via co-ax into my Yamaha DSP1.

Both products work well via RGB SCART and play any of my R1 DVD's.

This really has me stumped!

vicbarry

Stupid I know, but have you set the multi region hack. Other than that, make sure you set the NTSC / PAL to Auto. Hope this helps!

K

KingConker

Yup - tried modes NTSL/PAL & AUto - all exactly the same.

I have the multi-region hack, which I shall key-in today.

But currently most of my titles are R1 - as I said they are fine via SCART but very few output a video signal over HDMI...

vicbarry

Well if the R1 titles are playing, then its hacked already! You could try a different HDMI cable, but to be honest Im at a loss at what is now. Sorry. Anyone else?

D

darren_m

I have the same problem... well, a bit worse... no DVDs will play. Like KingC I can see the toshiba DVD menu ok, change settings etc, I can play CDs, JPEG CDs, VCDs, even DVDs of TV broadcasts I've recorded on my pioneer DVD recorder... but any commercial DVD I just get a blank screen!

I've reported the problem to the company I purchased from and they are looking into it.

I also called Toshiba... but they didn't have a manual for my TV (Toshiba 32WLT58) so asked me to call back later :thumbsdow

So KingConker... have managed to find a resolution to this issue?

Can anyone else offer up any ideas?

Trending threads

Top Bottom