1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba SD340 Problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Pete3rd, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Pete3rd

Pete3rd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

I recently bought a Toshiba SD340 and used a handset hack to make it multi regional. All seemed fine it played region 1, 2 & 5 disks no problem, however it will not play 3 Disney region 1 disks I have bought recently (worked fine on my old Wharfedale M-5) and refuses to play another pre-recorded region 2 disk just displaying DVD-R and refusing to access it?

Some new audio CD's also will not read. These have not been mistreated at any stage and are pre-recorded originals!!

When the CD/DVD's refuse to play the disk drive seems to make quite a loud humming before refusing to play.

Has anyone else experienced this with a Toshiba player?

Basically will I get the same symptoms with a replacement or have I just unluckily picked up a knackered player? :confused:

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    Might have more luck/responces if you re-post on the DVD players forum. This forum is for recorders.