1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba SD330e

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by penk, Apr 16, 2003.

1. penk

penk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I've been looking at buying a good quality DVD player for under £200, when I went into John Lewis yesterday to take a look at the Tosh 220 they said that although they do still stock it, it's been superceded by the 330! Does anyone out there own a 330? and if so could they give me there thoughts on whether or not it's an improvement on the 220. Cheers

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,956
    I read that it has an improved video output.

Whather or not this means an improved DAC I don't know, but I'm thinking of trying this model if I get the opertunity. There's little info around at the moment. Good price though - under £120 MR IIRC.

Gary.

3. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    leconcepts seem to have some in stock for £119.99 +P&P, along with a comprehensive list of specs, although I'm not convinced about them as my Tosh 420 from them doesn't decode HDCD yet their website clearly says it does, no problems with service though and I believe they're well regarded in the forums.

Hopefully this link'll work: http://www.leconcepts.com/dvd/toshdvd.htm#sd330e

else you'll just have to follow through from:
    www.leconcepts.com

John

4. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,956
    Hmm, I see what you mean - apart from the dimensions, the 330 spec looks identical to the 220 spec - including the "New Enhanced Video Amplifier; New Advanced DAC".

I'm still looking for a player, so I'll keep an eye out and see what Tosh's own site says when they get round to listing it.

Gary.