Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Toshiba SD330 Problem with DVD-R

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by clevejon, Sep 24, 2005.

1. clevejon

clevejon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased a Panasonic DMR-ES10 DVD writer and started recording TV programmes on Tesco 8x DVD-R media.

These replay fine on the Panasonic writer, but when I try to read them in my Toshiba SD-330 DVD player, I get "Disk Error" and nothing else happens.

I checked the manual and the Toshiba is supposed to be compatible with DVD-R but I can't tell if the 8x speed is supported (doesn't say) in the manual.

Any ideas?

clevejon

2. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    It might not like cheap media. I've read a few things on this forum where people have had problems with Toshiba's not reading discs other brands like Panasonic and Pioneer can read. Try a verbatim dvd-r and see if the Tosh is ok with them ?

3. Turrican

Turrican
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the same problem with my SD-350, i contacted tosh and they recommended TDK, Panasonic or Fuji branded media.
    I've bought some TDK DVD-R's and so far they have been perfect, also i have now started burning at 4x instead of 8x, just in case.