Toshiba SD330 Problem with DVD-R

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by clevejon, Sep 24, 2005.

1. clevejon

clevejon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased a Panasonic DMR-ES10 DVD writer and started recording TV programmes on Tesco 8x DVD-R media.

These replay fine on the Panasonic writer, but when I try to read them in my Toshiba SD-330 DVD player, I get "Disk Error" and nothing else happens.

I checked the manual and the Toshiba is supposed to be compatible with DVD-R but I can't tell if the 8x speed is supported (doesn't say) in the manual.

Any ideas?

clevejon

2. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    It might not like cheap media. I've read a few things on this forum where people have had problems with Toshiba's not reading discs other brands like Panasonic and Pioneer can read. Try a verbatim dvd-r and see if the Tosh is ok with them ?

3. Turrican

Turrican
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the same problem with my SD-350, i contacted tosh and they recommended TDK, Panasonic or Fuji branded media.
    I've bought some TDK DVD-R's and so far they have been perfect, also i have now started burning at 4x instead of 8x, just in case.