• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Toshiba SD270E

Ruud00

Standard Member
Hi

i know the Toshiba SD270E has now been discontinued and the SD280E has replaced it , but the 280 is total crap ive had two of them and they seem incapable of playing .mpg files.

So does anyone know where i can find Toshiba SD270E for sale from old stock or something like that.

Thanks

Ruud00

Standard Member
does anyone know off any other DIvx dvd player that has the "view option" in the settings that allows you to have the picture auto fit to the screen size?

Thanks

gargoyle

Established Member
Ruud, if you google around, you'll find that there are still quite a few shops selling the SD270E starting from around £37.

Ruud00

Standard Member
after emailing them to confirm it was the 270E

Morning. Unfortunately this model has now sold out and become discontinued. The new replacement model is the SD280E and details will be available on our website shortly.

Hi,

Thank you for your email, I can confirm that the stock is for the SD280E. Unfortunately we have no more stock of the SD270.

If you would like any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards

oh well cant say im not shocked

gargoyle

Established Member
Ruud, I've not checked for availability, but you might want to check these retailers-

crampton & moore - £27.99
smc direct - £31.34
micro supermarket - £32.54
spot on tv - £33.95

Good luck.

OFI

Established Member
I have an SD270E at home which is great but i'm looking to buy a divx player for my younger brother. Is the SD280E good for divx/xvid as the SD270E is?
I don't think i've needed to play mpg files on it before so don't think that should be a problem. Any other issues?

Ruud00

Standard Member
I have an SD270E at home which is great but i'm looking to buy a divx player for my younger brother. Is the SD280E good for divx/xvid as the SD270E is?
I don't think i've needed to play mpg files on it before so don't think that should be a problem. Any other issues?

well on the display panel there is no time running count just the chapter number so all that will be on the front off the player will be "1" or "2"
it seems to play all dixv players alright , it did have some problems playing some DVD+R discs tho.

DazzaSammy

Established Member
Just picked 1 of these up from DigitalDirect for £15.01 but it will not play Divx/Xvid. Any ideas please. Have burned a single file on DVD/CD and multi files on DVD but says file not recognised.

Do I have to do anything to activate Divx playback.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom