Toshiba Sd260e2 Hack !!!!!!!!!!!

garff

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just purchased this player because of its ability to play divx files excellently.
However i have several R1 , AND R3 , discs in my collection .
Does anyone know of any region hacks for this model ????
THANX .

Similarly, I just bought the Sd-260e2 and if anyone knows a multiregion hack, please post.

On a side note, I'm very impressed with it. Connecting it via component to my 40" Sammy LCD for Prog Scan playback gives impressive results, and the fact it plays divx is a bonus. For £35 it's a worthwhile stopgap before waiting on the whole Blu-ray/HD-DVD issue to sort itself out :thumbsup:

Using info from a previous thread I found I could play a R1 version of Full Metal Jacket today, by continually pressing "1" repeatedly as the disc loads - seems to bypass something, and plays the VOB files (bypassing film menu). However, you get a "Wrong Region" message in the top left corner of the screen, and there's no playback control. Only the ON/OFF or EJECT buttons from the remote work. It's not ideal but it proves that it technically can play R1 discs so maybe a proper hack will be forthcoming soon.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Have you tried either of these 2?

open tray
press 2403960
then enter
choose 9 (9 is der codefree code)
close the tray
turn off
turn back on

alternative:
open tray
press 2403960
press the enter-button until 9 appears
escape with the menue-button
close the tray
turn off
turn back on

tried these two and they dont work for the SD260E2 unfortunately :confused: But thanks for the post and in the meantime if you get anymore to try post them here and I'll give them a go :)

Using info from a previous thread I found I could play a R1 version of Full Metal Jacket today, by continually pressing "1" repeatedly as the disc loads - seems to bypass something, and plays the VOB files (bypassing film menu). However, you get a "Wrong Region" message in the top left corner of the screen, and there's no playback control. Only the ON/OFF or EJECT buttons from the remote work. It's not ideal but it proves that it technically can play R1 discs so maybe a proper hack will be forthcoming soon.

I've tried loads of different codes from the internet (7, in case you were wondering!) and none of them worked; BUT THIS DOES. As mentioned above, it's not brilliant, it does disable controls and display a small message on the top left-hand corner, but there are no other working codes (that I've found) so for now it is the easiest option.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom