• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Toshiba Sd260e2 Hack !!!!!!!!!!!

garff

Standard Member
Just purchased this player because of its ability to play divx files excellently.
However i have several R1 , AND R3 , discs in my collection .
Does anyone know of any region hacks for this model ????
THANX .

stevo707

Standard Member
Similarly, I just bought the Sd-260e2 and if anyone knows a multiregion hack, please post.

On a side note, I'm very impressed with it. Connecting it via component to my 40" Sammy LCD for Prog Scan playback gives impressive results, and the fact it plays divx is a bonus. For £35 it's a worthwhile stopgap before waiting on the whole Blu-ray/HD-DVD issue to sort itself out :thumbsup:

stevo707

Standard Member
Using info from a previous thread I found I could play a R1 version of Full Metal Jacket today, by continually pressing "1" repeatedly as the disc loads - seems to bypass something, and plays the VOB files (bypassing film menu). However, you get a "Wrong Region" message in the top left corner of the screen, and there's no playback control. Only the ON/OFF or EJECT buttons from the remote work. It's not ideal but it proves that it technically can play R1 discs so maybe a proper hack will be forthcoming soon.

C

coatesy123

Have you tried either of these 2?

open tray
press 2403960
then enter
choose 9 (9 is der codefree code)
close the tray
turn off
turn back on

alternative:
open tray
press 2403960
press the enter-button until 9 appears
escape with the menue-button
close the tray
turn off
turn back on

stevo707

Standard Member
tried these two and they dont work for the SD260E2 unfortunately :confused: But thanks for the post and in the meantime if you get anymore to try post them here and I'll give them a go :)

K

khakimidget

Using info from a previous thread I found I could play a R1 version of Full Metal Jacket today, by continually pressing "1" repeatedly as the disc loads - seems to bypass something, and plays the VOB files (bypassing film menu). However, you get a "Wrong Region" message in the top left corner of the screen, and there's no playback control. Only the ON/OFF or EJECT buttons from the remote work. It's not ideal but it proves that it technically can play R1 discs so maybe a proper hack will be forthcoming soon.

I've tried loads of different codes from the internet (7, in case you were wondering!) and none of them worked; BUT THIS DOES. As mentioned above, it's not brilliant, it does disable controls and display a small message on the top left-hand corner, but there are no other working codes (that I've found) so for now it is the easiest option.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom