Toshiba SD23VB Problem?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Shirker, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Shirker

Shirker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My folks have purchased a Toshiba SD23VB DVD/VCR from Currys. I went round to set it up yesterday, but have come across a problem.

If the VCR component is on a TV channel and you play a DVD you can still hear the TV channel, as well as the DVD soundtrack. The machine is connected to the telly, via SCART and RF, but even if I disconnect the RF I still hear both soundtracks.

Can anyone help, or do I need to go to Toshiba to tell me what I've done wrong?

2. Shirker

Shirker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bounce

3. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    How loud is the tv channel sound compared to the dvd sound? Sounds like a geniune fault with the sound not properly isolated within the dvd/vcr. You could try making your scart cable unidirectional but I don't think that will be helpful here. Basically you snip off the audio out connections on the scart plug going into the tv. I suppose if its a dvd/vcr combi with seperate dvd autio outs and also combined dvd/vcr audio outs you could use the dvd only audio out sockets and just use rf for the video section. I'm not sure of the Toshiba sockets and spec. Could you give a full description of its socketry?