1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba SD220E: Intermittent 'Click' From PCM Output

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sdc395, Aug 28, 2003.

1. sdc395

sdc395
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

Whilst trying to enjoy Radiohead's OK Computer this evening, I noticed a 'click' from the left channel during the opening seconds of Lucky (track 11).

Replaying the track confirmed the presence of the click, but also showed it to be intermittent and that it occurs at different times.

Fearing a problem with my Sony STR-DB1080 (to which the player is connected digitally via coax), I attempted to record the click on to MiniDisc and was relieved to find the MiniDisc could hear it too (the Toshiba is connected directly to the MiniDisc deck optically).

So, now I fear a problem with PCM output from the Toshiba. Has anyone else experienced this or could someone please try to reproduce this with their SD220E?

TIA

Simon

2. Howard0000

Howard0000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I can't say I've noticed any click in the audio output on mine :S
    I do however get a very faint clicking from the transport when playing back media on CDR/CDRWs. Does it do it on any other CDs? Tried different players?

You could also try different outputs. Analog, bitstream, etc?