1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba SD220E - Clicking Noise

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dowlingj, Oct 24, 2002.

1. dowlingj

dowlingj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased a Toshiba SD220E from Richer Sounds. I am very pleased with the sound and picture. Unfortunately, after 4 days the disc tray refused to open more than about 1/3 way. I brought the player back and Richer Sounds replaced it on the spot.
    I installed the second player and it appeared to be working fine until I noticed a clicking noise from the machine. The clicking occurs continously when the disc is playing (not when it is loading) and is audible at low volumes, clicking at about 1 second (or less) intervals. Has anybody else had this experience? Should I bring the machine back? Is it likely to damage discs?

2. Sgt.Colon

Sgt.Colon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My first DVD player was a Tosh and I remeber mine used to click when watching movies on it. That player was purchased over 3 years ago now, my brother-in-law has it and it's still running fine (with it's click still in place) so it could be a Tosh thing.