1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba SD220 ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Iam, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Iam

Iam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

I'm planning to get a Sony KV36FS76 TV (£1549), Sony HTDDW840S amp & speaker set (£342), JVC HRS5955 VCR (£120), & Tosh SD220 Multi Region DVD (£146), all from Unbeatable.

Is there any part of the above that's either complete crap or not as good as something else of comparable or cheaper price?

In particular, the DVD player ... is there a better multi region available for about the same price, or is it worth paying more for some other player? How much better an effect would say an extra £100 spent on the DVD player have?

2. degeneration

degeneration

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Well you can get the dvd player multi region capable from amazon for £120 delivered just now...

Or, and this is what I am going to try to do within the next few days, you can print out the page showing amazon selling the 220 for £120, then take that to your local Richer Sounds, and due to their price beat you should be able to get it for £110.

Or if you are happy with it being just R2, Richer Sounds have it for £108.95... I'm sure you could get a whole host of places that claim to do a price beat to match that... Dixons beat the price by 110% of the difference... so you should be able to get it R2 for as low as £105...

3. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    The Tosh 220 R2 can be made multi region for free.Do a search of the forum ;) .