Toshiba SD220 Problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Wakey87433, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Wakey87433

Wakey87433

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought this player from Amazon and have been really impressed by the quality but I have one small problem.

When ever the image goes from dark to bright or vise versa the picture flickers and the sound cuts out for a breif second. Its as if the scart lead had been removed and then reatached quickly and I'm guessing its got something to do with the signal dropping out becuase the OSD of my tv comes up telling me ive switched to the AV channel whenever it happens.

Now ive noticed theres alot of you here who seem to have this unit and was wondering if anyone had encountered the same problem and if you did were you able to resolve the problem and if not did you get it replaced and if so did the new one fix the problem?

I just dont know if i cba to go through the hassle of sending it back if its going to have the same problem becuase I have yet to experiance it happening during the movie playback the closest its come to doing during a movie is on the Promo trailer attached at the start of "fast and the Furious" r1. The rest have been at the start of extras or on the menu transitions

Oh and for the record its doing it on both r1 and r2 discs

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the problem popup with composite and s-video as well?

3. lespaton

lespaton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my 220 for almost nine months now and never experienced any problem other than it has difficulty dealing with dirty disks...i.e...those with fingerprints and other debris on them, not the film content ;)
    Have you checked out possible problem with your scart lead and/or TV ?

4. Wakey87433

Wakey87433

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The problem occures on both composite,s-video and RGB settings....ive also tried using the s-video connection as opposed to a scart and the problem still arises.

Also tried using differnt scart leads and on other tv's and while it isnt as irratating on these tv's it still happens (the other TV's have a smoother switching to and from the AV channel in normal use so guessing this is why its less irrating)

5. 7ThGuest

7ThGuest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only had mine since Christmas but no problems at all, sorry.

If it happens using all input sources it sounds like an intermitent fault on the board/power supply, get it changed.

Regards

7ThGuest :)

6. stubags

stubags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It sounds faulty, get it replaced! I once kept a player for ten months that had a problem where the sound kept cutting out at varying intervals during a movie. The retailers engineer could never find the fault!

p.s. Now know three people with 220s without that kind of problem.

p.p.s. It's a pistol.