Toshiba sd220 component out question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kbfern, May 9, 2003.

1. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,299
    Hi guys

I need help please, hooked up my Tosh player to my new Sanyo PLV z1 projector with component cables today.To get tosh player to output picture via component what setting in menu do I use.

Picture output settings are video,s-vhs and rgb.No video is present on projector if I use rgb but picture appears if I set output on dvd to video or s-vhs.

I do not have a tosh manual as when purchased new from Richer in Dec last year no manual was in the box.

I am getting a dvd picture on screen with dvd set to s-vhs outputing through component cables,but question is this:is picture a true component output or s-vhs.There does not appear to be any reference to component output in the on screen menu.

Does anyone have the tosh manual to enlighten me?

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +890
    To get the Component Signal you have to select either Video or S-Video in the setup menu. Don't worry, you are getting a Component Video Signal, it's just the player won't output anything from these outputs if it's set to RGB.

3. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    You've got the same player as me mate.
    So is it all setup now? what do you think of your picture?

I've got loads of setting up do do on sunday & i mean loads:(

4. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,299
    Jase,

Thanks for the swift reply,glad to know I have component output signal as required.Both video and s-vhs pictures looked the same so was unsure what I was getting.

Jason: switched on this morning, great image,getting a 106" diagonal picture from around 12ft throw "awsome mate".Only problem room not quite dark enough.Just been out to get some blackout material from Dunelm @ £2.50 per metre.Just got back,blackout blind should be up in the next hour.

dvd quality excellent,broadcast tv is better than expected.Roll on Saturday Wolves in the playoffs on Sky.a couple of my mates are comming round to watch the game it will be awsome( well as long as wolves beat Reading)

Well a spot of lunch now, get the blind up and I wil be watching at least a couple of dvd's back to back.

See ya

5. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Nice one:smashin:
    Just one thing though, i had a look at mine last night & the colours was great.
    It wasn't the best way i had it set up, but the picture was well out of focus. so i played with the focus ring on the text to sharpen that up, things that were up close to the screen looked ace but the background just didn't look right still abit out of focus.
    Did you have to use the sharpness setting as well to get the picture right.
    It's just i can't have another go till i get it on the ceiling mount on sunday.
    So is your picture nice & sharp including the background?
    Please set my mind at rest :( :D

6. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,299
    Jason:

My viewing this morning only lasted about 15/20 mins so I have not had time to do a detail evaluation yet.The room was not dark enough to really see the fine detail etc.I have not yet played around with the settings (just used straight out the box)

I am projecting picture onto a magnolia painted wall for the moment(still looks bl**dy good though) I will probably not get a pull down screen for a week or two.

I will give you another appraisal when I have had a couple of hours of viewing.

7. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Ok cheers mate:)