• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Toshiba SD2109 and copied discs

billy87mufc

Hi there.

I know this dvd player is pretty old but it is what my dad has downstairs.

I put a copied disc in the player tonight which I had recorded from my DVD Recorder and it worked straight away but now every time I put the disc back it, it comes up with a disc error.

No other copied discs work in it either.

SO I am curios of why it worked once, but not anymore?

Is there anyway to get this player to play backups?

Cheers

norliss

These old Tosh players were great but not for their handling of DVD-/+R discs, unfortunately. You might find that certain brands of blank media will play whilst others don't: take a look on videohelp

If you can't find blanks that reliably work you'll either have to live with only being able to play bona fide discs or get a newer machine.

TarPot

With that player, it will play burnt discs, on +R media, with the bitsetting set to dvd-rom. This means discs burnt on a PC.

They also play VR format discs from +R media from a Phillips recorder.

I had the 3109 and it didn't like -R discs.

TarPot

With NEC drives for PCs, you can change the bit setting on them via them firmware. This makes the discs dvd-rom, rather than dvd+R.

Info here

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom