Toshiba SD200

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by BertRacoon, Nov 15, 2004.

1. BertRacoon

BertRacoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I have recently purchased a Yamaha AX750 amp and MS Genie speakers to go with my 28" Widescreen CRT TV and I now have no space for my old Toshiba SD200 DVD player under my TV as it is very tall due to being capable of holding 2 DVDs.

I was lucky enough to win this DVD player about 3 years ago and it was worth around about £350 then and was pretty good quality, I have always been very impressed with the picture it provides. So everyone knows what it looks like and was rated as back then here is a link http://www.homecinemachoice.com/reviews/hccreviews/DVDPlayers/Toshiba/ToshibaSD-200E.php

It had a large range of connections which are probably standard on basic DVD players now such as component out, RGB scart and 5.1 output and coaxial and optical out, all of which are gold plated.

So finally my question is... after splashing out quite a bit on my new amp and speakers should I splash out on a new DVD player, and if so what would do justice to my new set up? Would a cheap DVD player such as the Toshiba SD340 be as good as my current player in terms of picture and sound quality, and secondly would it do my system justice? If not, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any advice

2. t-c

t-c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi robroe... I have exactly the same issue (only i had to buy my sd200...).

reasons to upgrade would be:
    - to get progressive scan (unsure if i will see a difference in quality)
    - to play back dvd's that i have burnt myself (i dont believe the sd200 will do this)

I also want to stick with a Toshiba player as it reduces the number of remote controllers i need!

sd340 seems the way to go although i would be happy to pay more for a better toshiba model if it existed. I'm not sure when the next set of Toshiba players are due out.

tc

3. t-c

t-c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, i finally bought a DVD burner and dvd-r's play back fine on the old sd200. Looks like i'll have to keep it then!

tc