Toshiba SD100-E Problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Paul Bayley, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Paul Bayley

Paul Bayley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Toshiba SD100-E player with a Techtronics region chip. I have just bought the new Korn DVD (Deuce) and am having trouble playing it on the Toshiba. Two of the sections appear with a broken up picture, like the picture has been de-interlaced. It's almost like each line of the picture is displayed twice producing a combed ghost like effect. The picture is thus 'stretched' vertically and only the top half appears on screen. I'm not a video expert, but it looks like the sort of problem associated with line scanning of lines and field order. The rest of the disk plays fine, and the disk works ok on my computer and other dvd player (a Cyber Home). I have exchanged the disk for a new one, but no luck. It does this on any tv (old and new) and fiddling with the settings makes no difference. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be wrong?

Paul

2. weezul

weezul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bored, searched for KoRn, found this. I have exactly the same dvd and deuce dosent work on my tsh either, the main sections (wtn/deuce) half a stretched immage, liney? andhalf of the screen is covered in a green/purple block

3. Animal

Animal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My son has just bought this DVD and has exactly the same problem when played on my Multi-region Tosh 330, although it works fine on his PS2. Has anyone got an explanation or (hopefully) a solution to this? I’ve never had this problem with any other DVD (R1 or R2) on my Tosh. Thanks.