Toshiba SD-900E

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by galewis1, Sep 12, 2004.

1. galewis1

galewis1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Does anyone know if there is a way to automatically force this DVD player to output a non progressive signal if fed a PAL disc, but to output a progressive signal when fed with an NTSC disc?

The reason I ask is that, the pseudo PAL progressive function sucks, but kicks in automatically when a PAL disc is inserted. I connect the DVD player to an Infocus 4805 and have to press a button on the DVD players remote to switch it back to non progressive, which is easy enough I suppose. The problem however is that the projector has to re-detect the incomming signal and sometimes gets confused and posts a 'signal out of range' error. In the end I have to power down the projector and then power up again in order to resolve, which is a fairly lengthy process.

Thanks

Gary

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338
    I would just leave the player in interlaced mode and let the pj do the deinterlacing. I reckon the pj will do as good a job as the player if not better as the SD900 is a bit long in the tooth now. Still a fantastic player though (I have two of them) and always let the pj do the processing.

3. galewis1

galewis1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Fair enough. Is there an option to force interlaced for both PAL and NTSC then? I don't seem to be able to find it in the menu.

Thanks

Gary

4. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338
    If you switch to interlaced using the button under the flap it will stay in that mode permanenetly until you change it back. It's that simple :)

5. galewis1

galewis1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Cool.... :thumbsup: Even when the machine has been turned off? I must investigate when I get home....

6. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Yep, even when turned off :)