Toshiba sd-9000B DVD S-Video query

C

chiwan

Hi all

I have the Tosh DVD connected to my Tosh 32ZD98B TV via QED S-video cable. When I turn the DVD on and switch to AV3 (S-video) and the blue screen appears, I can see faint wavy lines going across the screen.

any ideas on getting rid of these as I'm sure it's interfering with the quality of the picture on DVD playback.

Cheers

Does the TV not have Component video inputs? If it has then use these. I have the 9000 conected via component and the picture is rock solid even with 3 cheap phonos.

Spencem

No, it doesn't have component video sockets. It's 3 years old and Toshiba have only started putting component on all their new TV's.

Is it worth buying a S-video > scart lead to see if it makes a difference?

It might if you get a good one - shielded that is - though QED are good. But I was wondering is this a new thing you've just noticed? Sounds like the moire problem that some Panasonics have with NTSC R1 dvds. So is it just with a certain dvd type? Can you see it during films playback for sure, cause may be just happen before play. Try making sure cable is as far from other elec' stuff - or disconnect other stuff not need - to see if something causing effect. I had a Panasonic which did as you say and ended up returning it an IC leakage problem. Oh yeah I remmeber the joy of it all too!
Ah, have you tried another set to see if it does it too? That could suggest if dvd at fault or tv - or cabling still!
Good luck.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom