Toshiba SD-63HK Multiregion Hack required

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by devlee, Jun 16, 2005.

1. devlee

devlee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Has anyone got a hack for this all in one kit ?

2. Simon44

Simon44

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm looking at getting this system but was put off by no PAL progressive. Have you managed to find a hack yet? if so could you tell me if PAL will work once the system is region free?

Many thanks

Simon

3. unknownuser

unknownuser
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - I have just bought a lovely Sharp Aquos LCD and Toshiba SD63HK, without realising the prog scan does not work for PAL.

What a load of...

Can someone please advise where to go for a software upgrade or similar in order to change this - or even if it is possible

Thanks i advance for your help (the Sharp TV is the nuts btw)

4. Multrgn_SD-63HK

Multrgn_SD-63HK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too have been searching for a multiregion hack for my Toshiba SD-63HK.

it is a beautiful and sleek piece of kit. Sounds like heavenly choirs and the picture quality is superb.

But it seems to be one of those DVD Home Cinemas where the multiregion hack is *very* hard to come by.

I started by trying out all the other Toshiba handset hacks I could find, even for old models (you never know), but no luck. None of them worked or had any effect, I still have not even been able to get into the setup or service screen. (Besides the usual options settings).

Then this evening I took the lid off (VERY carefully) and I had a look at the PCB after I read a posting that said there was some kind of internal setting. I noticed that the Printed Circuit Board has a few spaces for connectors that are unused (could these be region jumper settings?), also that Toshiba has silk-screened on numbered boxes with a dab of red paint to show what region it has been set to - this is not a good sign since it means that Toshiba have marked the ciruit board as being region two, instead of having one board and making it software / handset selectable. (Or maybe not? I'm only deducing from what I see).

So now it is all back together and working fine - but I still don't have a way to play anything but region 2 disks.

And I still beliieve firmly that there is a way to hack the machine to be multi region. Why? Because one vendor (out of the five or so I have contacted over the last month) , just one says they can do it. So it is possible. (RGB Electronics). Catch is that they want to charge "£40 to £50" unquote, for this service. A bit much, methinks.

I did try phoning Toshiba Tech Supoprt. They said "no we can't tell you that". Which is interesting, different to "no that is not possible".

Finally, this kit is on sale in Russia and Korea and Germany. So it is possible to set it to different regions.

Is there anyone out there with an in-circuit emulator or I2C kit who has a Toshiba SD-63HK? Someone who knows how to set it to multi-region? Please please pleease..? :lease:

5. paulbianco

paulbianco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0