1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba SD-510 and MGM discs

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Timh, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Is it just me or are other owners of this player having problems playing MGM dics, they all seem to struggle with layer change and frequently skip through a chapter or even on the odd accasion lock up :eek:
    A good test i found was with the R1 release of Die Another Day while trying to play the Madonna video, it just locks with a green screen showing :( :mad: but plays fine on my other Sony player.
    Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is another bad test, it frequently locks at the Fairground scene when DIck Vanne Dike does his silly dance, again plays fine on my Sony player.

2. Sick Note

Sick Note

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I have similar probs but it seems to be getting worse freezing on Signs R1, Die another day R1, Reign of fire R1 and nearly every SVCD I throw at it. Hope its not packing up:( anyone else had such probs with this player or any suggestions.
    Ps. The freezing happens after about 30 mins of playing then gets worse.Tested on my old sony no problems at all:confused:

3. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Sick Note

My Player use to be much worse when I had it sighted on top of my Amp, it ran very HOT! and froze quite regulary. But now its much better with free air arround it. This was quite common a few months back with the 510, just do a search.

Its just a pain it struggles with MGM discs. :(

4. Sick Note

Sick Note

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Cheers Tim I will give that a try;)