1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba SD-44HK - newbie assemble help.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by matt_the_punk, Jan 19, 2005.

1. matt_the_punk

matt_the_punk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all, i purchased my first home cinema system for a meer £199 last week from richer sounds. So.. I got it out the box.. and froze! after reading through the manuel numerous times, i figured out how to hook it all up etc.. So its now up and working.. I currently am using a scart cable to hook it up to my tv.. and it works fine. However.. i am lost when trying to work out how i am going to wire it up to my video player and my pc. Also i have a freeview box.. what are the best ways to hook it all up..

I am sorry for the dumb question.. and would be most greatfull for any response..

Cheers, matt x :)

2. Zigster

Zigster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There's a set of analogue inputs on the back (two sockets, one above the other, probably marked left and right and/or red and white in colour). You can connect one additional item to this using a set of interconnects. There should be similar, matching sockets on the back of both the freeview box and the VCR. Your PC probably has a speaker output (a 3.5mm jack plug like on a personal stereo) which you could use similarly, although you'll need a different cable.

You won't get surround sound (I don't think) as the SD44 doesn't have ProLogic II but you should get sound from the front speakers of the Tosh. If you want to connect all three then you'll need some sort of switcher box - probably something like this: http://ws3.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=BTE-TECHBT31

Hope that helps.

3. matt_the_punk

matt_the_punk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers mate, yep.. the toshiba has pro logic II..
    there was just so many outputs i have managed to hook my video up.. through the analogue inputs. however my freeview box only has 2 scart outputs. so i have pluged my dvd into my freeview box.. then the freeview box into the tv. :D.. its all so complicated!

thanks