1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

toshiba sd-42hk home cinema system

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by peterabbit30, Nov 24, 2002.

1. peterabbit30

peterabbit30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought the above item reduced from £399 to £249 in costco (watford branch) and its a real bargain! movies have never sounded as good. It is DTS and 5.1 with excellent picture and looks good too. It is MP3,CDR & CDRW compatible and has excellent radio tuner.I havent seen any reviews for it online and admit i bought it due to the price but thought id let people know it is an excellent system (due to the lack of reviews online for this system). Buy it today !

2. simonp

simonp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just bought one myself today to replace a faulty LG DA3520 and gotta admit first impressions are very encouraging. Sound is good, good picture (although yet to try the component connection!) and connectivity is great for such a competitively priced machine.

I was surprised at how similar in looks, manuals and even the packaging the Toshiba was to my LG model. There must be some sort of link between the 2. Which is not too bad as I liked the LG except for the maddening hissing sound that kept coming from the speakers. It looks like the Toshiba is a similar model with more features and none of the faults.

Thumbs up from me. Currys have just reduced it to £249 if anybody is interested.

3. mrbluesky

mrbluesky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the Tosh sd-42 hk have a SCART ??

thanks