toshiba sd-350E HDMI stopped working

T0adL0ader

Standard Member
Hi,

I have had the above DVD player for ages and got it out the other day as it plays DIVX files really well I hooked it up to my tv via HDMI but it wont output anything just a blue screen on tv like nothing has been plugged in. If I use a scart cable it works fine.

Does anyone have any ideas I was wondering if it needed a reset or something like the PS3 does sometimes if you switch between scart and HDMI???

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
Whilst using a scart have looked into the menu to see if it has defaulted to Scart only?
Is there a setting for HDMI as it is not normal that it outputs in Scart AND HDMI.

T0adL0ader

Standard Member
I have had a look at that while it is on scart and all options I get under video are componant composite and RGB that seems to be it.

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
Have you tried another HDMI cable or socket on the TV? Remember to select the correct HDMI input via the TV remote.

T0adL0ader

Standard Member
Yep I have tried a different cable and different HDMI port same issue I have also plugged another HDMI source into the port and all is fine. I am really stuck now as I don't have a clue what the issue is.

Does anyone know if you can play divx files through either PS3 or the Sony BD-S350 with some sort of hack or update as I have both devices it would take the Tosh DVD player out of the picture.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom