Toshiba SD-350E doesn't read any newly burnt disk?

newbie4321

Standard Member
Hi,

I have had the Toshiba SD-350E, for a few years now and has worked flawlessly. But I’m have in some strange problems when watching any newly burnt dvds. All my old DVDs still work fine.

But when i burn any dvd now it just doesn't read the disk... it tries and tires and then hangs and i need to switch it off and on again.

I have checked all the setting on the PC when burning and they are all the same as the old DVDs that worked. And I’m using the same Verbatim disks cake.

Whats really odd is that if i clone an old disk in RAW mode, it works fine but if i copy it any other way, it fails.

All the DVDs (old/new) work fine in other pc/laptops

I have tried from:
Vista - Roxio
Xp – Sonic

All the DVDs are burnt in Data Disk mode. And the files are mpg/avi
I have had this problem for quite a few months now

Any ideas? sounds like a PC setting issue. Has there been some kind of MS update that changes the way files are Burnt?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

bertplucker

Novice Member
Hi,

I have had the Toshiba SD-350E, for a few years now and has worked flawlessly. But I’m have in some strange problems when watching any newly burnt dvds. All my old DVDs still work fine.

But when i burn any dvd now it just doesn't read the disk... it tries and tires and then hangs and i need to switch it off and on again.

I have checked all the setting on the PC when burning and they are all the same as the old DVDs that worked. And I’m using the same Verbatim disks cake.

Whats really odd is that if i clone an old disk in RAW mode, it works fine but if i copy it any other way, it fails.

All the DVDs (old/new) work fine in other pc/laptops

I have tried from:
Vista - Roxio
Xp – Sonic

All the DVDs are burnt in Data Disk mode. And the files are mpg/avi
I have had this problem for quite a few months now

Any ideas? sounds like a PC setting issue. Has there been some kind of MS update that changes the way files are Burnt?

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Are you using the same brand of disc. lately I have found this can be an issue even if a big name make, possibly designed in for piracy related reasons.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom