Toshiba SD 340 - question about a problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by J_P_P, Dec 29, 2004.

1. J_P_P

J_P_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I just brough a SD 340 yesterday and i am noticing a very annoying problem...

everytime i stop the playback of a movie and put the Player in the standby mode (by Simply Pressing the Power button) -> "The Red Light appears" ... when i resume the play by turning on the player or by simply pressing Play , it doesn't resume the movie where i stopped it... it throws me back to the beginning of the DVD (tipically the DVD menu) like i just simply opened the tray and put the DVD back again.

I know this doesn't happens in a SD 220 or a SD 330.

Have i just got a faulty DVD player or all SD 340 are just like this ??? (this is terribly anoying)

Anyone knows (maybe that has the same player) / can help me ?

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    I don't know the player but perhaps there is an 'auto resume' option in the menu's somewhere. Alternatively perhaps you need to hit 'stop' or 'pause' before pressing standby. Its certainly possible it doesn't have this feature though as lots don't.

3. nictry

nictry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +645
    I believe this is a 'feature' of this player, at least that is what I have read from all the reviews of the player (I think Amazon mentions this as a missing feature!)

4. J_P_P

J_P_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you mean a feature...what you mean is that it's supossed to be just like this ? :rolleyes:

I hope not..i really like this player ...shame about this annoying "feature" :(

Anyone has this player model and confirms that the same thing happens in theirs (just in case i got a faulty DVD player) ???

5. superkully

superkully
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 340 doesn't do this, checking the manual there is no mention of 'auto-resume' so I assume you have old firmware or h/w.

6. nictry

nictry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +645
    So do you mean yours doesn't auto resume or it does????? Sorry to sound dense but can't work out your response!

7. J_P_P

J_P_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Coyldn't understand your reply also :"checking the manual there is no mention of 'auto-resume'"

Does your sd 340 resumes the play after your Turn it off / on ?

8. superkully

superkully
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, bit dense today...

It definitely doesn't auto-resume.

9. nictry

nictry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +645
    Oh well, I have ordered one and will just have to live with this little anamoly! Seems a bit of an odd thing not to have but for £70.00 can't complain too much!

10. J_P_P

J_P_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah it's annoying speacially since i was used to other players (even from toshiba) wich had auto resume. i emailed Toshiba about it , questioning if this was an expected behaviour or i had just got a faulty DVD :smoke:

11. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    The Toshiba 340 is pretty feature packed and there is only so much memory space for the firmware so perhaps the firmware size had to be trimmed down. Divx/Xvid codecs obviously take some space.

12. nictry

nictry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +645
    Have to say mine turned up today and well impressed, picture is good, does eveyrthing it says on the box, played 5 divxs that I threw at it, played jpeg files on a CDR and DVD-R and looks pretty cool too (although the tray is very flimsy!)

13. J_P_P

J_P_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah...it feels a little "cheap" and plastic but i think it's a good player :rolleyes:

Shame about not having auto resume though...isn't it ? don't you find it annoying ???

14. nictry

nictry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +645
    Well I plan to use the 340e as 'My' player so I will only use it to watch a film all the way through, the Kids will carry on using my 510e as their main player so this has autoresume and shouldn't be a problem when the stop/start their films!!!!!