1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba SD 330e

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by savtoo, Apr 9, 2004.

1. savtoo

savtoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    Can anyone tell me how well this machine can handle. DVD-R/DVD-RW DVD+R/DVD+RW, as i have alot media on this format.

Reviews say it can handle all these formats but i dont always trust them and would like to know what others think.

If it does not handle these well, could any one say what are some good players that will. Price range budget to mid.

Many thanks,
    Kind regards.
    Clive

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    I had a Toshiba 330 and it wasn't great at all reading other media. In fact after a month the drive stopped reading discs it originally did read. Frankly the dvd drive in this player is its weakest link, its slow and not that compatible and many people have reported skipping problems.

LG tend to do very good drives for reading a wide range of media and scratched discs. The mediatek chipset based players tend to have the best error correction of the current generation of chipsets/players.

3. barnabybear

barnabybear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't tried DVD-R etc on this model yet, but I have tried JPEG, and frankly it's rubbish. It's as sluggish as an overweight cow with a sprained ankle, and the slightest scratch - and it won't read the files.
    Not impressed to be frank.