Toshiba SD-240E will not recognise DVD-R discs...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by MattTrinder, Jul 4, 2005.

1. MattTrinder

MattTrinder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    recorded and finalised in my Samsung DVD/VCR combi. The discs are played fine on a Dell DVD-Rom drive in my PC, and on a friends budget Phillips DVD player.

The discs were purple RiDisc DVD-R

Any thoughts gratefully recieved...?

TIA

Matt

2. Maff et1

Maff et1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It may just not like that media. You often need to experiment a little to find disks that all of your players / recorders like. More expensive disks (like Taiyo Yuden) tend to be more compatible. If you're not willing to spend that much on a disk then look at the MCC (Mitsubishi) media like the Verbatim. The Media code is more imporant than the brand name. For example RiDisc could be CMC MAG AE1 (not a popular media), or it could be Ritek G04 (excellent in it's day).

Always buy your disks from somewhere which lets you know which media code the disks are as many brands use several codes (like RiDisc). I've always had good service from www.svp.co.uk

I'm currently using Taiyo Yudens and a very happy with them, before that I was using MCC02RG02 Datawrites and they were also good.