Toshiba SD-220E

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ahigham, Dec 29, 2003.

1. ahigham

ahigham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought this about a year ago from Amazon.

I have also bought several boxed sets of DVDs.

I only occasionally watch DVDs and have not yet watched all the discs in the box set.

On my Sherlock Holmes box set, I can watch all the discs that show 1 hour episodes, but all the 2 hour episodes have problems ranging from not playing at all to having the picture break up.

The rogue discs do play on other DVD players eg Play Station and other long discs eg Life of Mammals plays on the Toshiba.

There's probably a simple setting on the 220E that will help me out but I can't figure it out.

Any ideas as I can't exactly take it back to Amazon?

2. ahigham

ahigham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I called Toshiba and the guy on their tech helpdesk had no idea why this would happen.

They are shipping a new box to me next week even though it is actually just a few weeks over a year since I bought it.

Hopefully this will solve the problem.

Good customer service too I thought.

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,671
    Excellent service...if only a few others would follow this example,even within the guarantee period.....FWIW,I have one of these that came free with my TV,and apart from regional coding,it's been a very good backup,and one the kids haven't managed to wreck.

4. Jason S

Jason S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    alexs2,

I've been a proud owner of one of these too, you can modify it to Multi Region (inc. RCE) very easily with a firmware disc the .iso for which is here...

http://sd220e.chez.tiscali.fr/