Toshiba SD-220E Component Spec please

saintalan

I have the above player but only have the manuals in French/German and a small leaflet in English.

I would like to know the Component Output specification.

Can any one help or know where I can find the manual on-line (not on the Tosh site).

Thanks

Alan

saintalan

Many thanks but I am not sure the 220 is the same as the 240?

I don't think my 220 has progressive output, I have ordered a couple of component cables and will try when it arrives. I have tried to read my French manual but can not see any reference to the Component Spec.

Any help?

Cheers

Alan

KoThreads

I still have my 220e hooked up to the CRT for non-film DVD and my new 340e via my projectror for films

The 220e has component but no prog scan.

I got the 220e manual of the web as I misplaced mine, just search for Toshiba 220e manual it's in pdf format.

The difference through CRT on non-pro on both is almost negligable, but with the 340e on pro scan on a projector the difference is signifcant especially when my 340 was £70 and my 220 28 months ago was £150 with MR.

One thing I have noticed though is just how much faster my 220 is at loading discs. It's very quick indeed compared to my 340.

KoThreads

Sorry what I ment was my 220 has component outputs, mine has no component switching via the menu only video, svideo, RGB

When I used it via component cables it would only work via video or svideo mode. RGB would produce no picture via the component outputs

saintalan

Idoexist said:
...The 220e has component but no prog scan.

I got the 220e manual of the web as I misplaced mine, just search for Toshiba 220e manual it's in pdf format...
Thanks Ido, unfortunately I have tried the Tosh site and others without success. I thought it was non-prog, I would just like to know wht spec it is, I am guessing 480i or 576i but trying to read the French I can not even see any numbers!

Cheers

Alan

KoThreads

Saintalan

reply to my email and I'll forward the manual. That says when component output is used you have to select video or svideo