Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Toshiba RPTV Service Menu - Warrenty

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by HBK757, Jan 29, 2002.

1. HBK757

HBK757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know if going into the Service menu voids your warrenty ? I need to know if its safe to tell the Toshiba engineer when he comes to try and fix the tv. I made the mistake of playing around with the green gun in the service menu/convergence and now everything is bent and generally messed up. PAL convergence is virtually beyond repair :mad: :mad: :mad: So hopefully he will either repair it or write the tv off.

Thanks.

2. Shady Deal

Shady Deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It sure does if you tell him!!

Just say it has always been like it. They will really need to bring a "Screen Grid" to get it back, otherwise he will have to do it by eye so it won't be so accurate.

There are many ways to make straight lines for the grid so post back if you get no joy after the engineer has been.

What model Tosh is it?? I have grid settings for the 46"

Best Regards

3. HBK757

HBK757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its the 43" 43VJ13P model. Yah U hear what your saying about the grid and stuff. But trust me, the PAL grid is so screwed up there is a huge gap in the middle of the screen where the grid should be! I've no idea how this happened, I turned it on one morning and there it was *shrug* :( I shall post back after the engineer has been, but trust me, if he isn't able to line the grid up properly I'll be getting a replacement, I'm not settling for anything less than pefect for £1050 :)

Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it.

4. JPC

JPC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HBK757
    Where did you get your 43" 43VJ13P from at that price?
    Im interested in one, but the best Ive got so far is £1,133 from Be Direct.......

Other than the convergence what do yo reckon to the 43VJ13P ?
    and what distance do you view it at?

Thanks in advance JPC:)

5. HBK757

HBK757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I got it from TV + Video direct. The phone #'s are -
    01204 394422
    01942 602076
    01204 395999
    after 7pm - 07771 802299

Very good company so far. The price they offer that TV for is £1050 inclusive of next day delivery :D :D

As far as the actual TV goes I can't recommend it highly enough. DVD's look amazing on the TV, especially in a pitch black room. It also performs well in a well lit room. It's worth the £1050 imo :D Digital/cable also performs surprisingly well on the TV considering how much the picture has to be blown up to. Make sure you have a SCART or S-VIDEO input for connecting up Digital.

6. HBK757

HBK757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Grrr, no call from the Toshiba people today as was promised :mad: Looks like some chasing up is gonna be done in the morning.

7. HBK757

HBK757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well for anyone interested, the engineer just left after looking at the TV for all of 2 minutes. As soon as he saw the state of PAL convergence he kinda wanted to run away and cry :D

He reckons the convergence board is broken and will need replacing. Phoned TV+Video Direct and told them I would like a new TV instead of a repaired one, has to clear with the manager apparently but they seemed very helpful. So hopefully everything should go ok :D

8. jon smith

jon smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    You gonna try and break the same TV again, or you gonna go for a different model.

9. HBK757

HBK757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I was thinking about getting the 50" model but the problem is I already have a Dolby Digital/DTS sound system, plus the fact that the TV is for my bedroom, so 50" would be getting a little silly for a bedroom TV. I'm generally very happy with the 43" :D

1 thing tho - its amazing how small the TV starts seeming after a couple weeks :D :confused: :eek:

10. jon smith

jon smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Is true, the Panasonic will be my 3rd RPTV in the last 18 months. Wanted to get the new panny projector, but not allowed to. The place we rent at the moment would require too much moving about, so will have to wait til we move.

11. HBK757

HBK757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Woohoo, they are delivering a new TV on Wednesday morning and taking this one at the same time. TV+video Direct have been very good, I'd recommened them to anyone :D

12. JPC

JPC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well done!
    Is it the same model as the one going back?

I wish their web site was up and running!

JOHN

13. HBK757

HBK757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Yup same model - 43VJ13P. I agree its a shame their website sucks but hey their customer service is great :D