1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RPTV Default Channel

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by GagHalfrunt, Sep 30, 2003.

1. GagHalfrunt

GagHalfrunt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have a Toshiba 43PJ93B RPTV.

I have all my video running through my Denon AVC-A1D Amp outputting SVideo which I have plugged into SCART2.

Is there any way I can get the TV to default to AV2S when it is turned on? It defaults to BBC1 atm which is rarely watched.

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AFAIK no way- even my new Tosh RP defaults to a terrestrial channel.. bit pants really.

I guess you could set a macro- but if you're already on AV1 and you press it - it'll go switch it off then switch back on (AV button) - or change to AV2.

Also be good if the TV's had seperate aspect IR commands- say when you go AV3 or Terrestrial- it's in Superlive (since probably 4:3 material) and in AV4 (Component)- Wide mode.

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Have to say I hadn't noticed that,nathan...mine defaults to whichever channel is currently active,rather than the terrestrial channels.
    What I mean by that is,if the Sky box is on and running,when you turn on the TV,it defaults to that.....likewise,if I turn on the DVD player while the TV is running Sky,it switches to the DVD input.

4. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh yeah forgot about the 12v trigger- switches inputs. But of course doesn't work with Component input.

But it would be nice if the sets have default power on input and default aspect ratio per input.

Can't remember what it goes to if I press the on button- pretty sure it's not a AV input, think channel 0.

5. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Quite so....if I use component via the HCPC rather than the DVD player then it does have to be selected manually....but it does keep the kids from ruining it.

6. rbecking

rbecking
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have a Panasonic TV and have the same problem, don't suppose there is a secret service menu where it can be changed?

7. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I leave the source on, normally the digi box, and switch the tv (Tosh 56") off/standby when I turn the tv back on it reselects that AV channel. Might work with all your video, that's if you don't mind the sources being left on.

8. GagHalfrunt

GagHalfrunt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes but presumably you're using SCART so its that which is switching the imput.

I suppose the only other thing to do would be to squirt 12v up the SCART input to force it onto that input. After all I don't use anything else!