1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RPTV, decision time

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by PinkPanther, Sep 25, 2001.

1. PinkPanther

PinkPanther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,<br />I finally decided to go for a Tosh RPTV, but they are more expensive and harder to find in Belgium than in the UK.<br />Here are my options:

43PJ03 - £ 1,167<br />40PW13 - £ 1,463<br />40WH08 - £ 1,463<br />42WH18 (new model) - £ 1,712

The new 42inch is too expensive for me (max £ 1,500). I think if I go for the 16/9 version, the 40WH08 is the better choice, certainly at the same price as the 40PW13.<br />The 43PJ03 is getting on age, but has a stunning picture and a great price, too bad it is 4/3.<br />What should I go for?<br />4/3 and 50Hz or 16/9 and 100Hz?

In two weeks time I'll be able to see the 43PJ03, the 40PW13 and the 42WH18 side by side in the shop. Will I see a big difference in picture quality between these models?<br />Any advice is much appreciated.

[ 25-09-2001: Message edited by: Pink Panther ]

[ 27-09-2001: Message edited by: Pink Panther ]</p>

2. Shady Deal

Shady Deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Very difficult to reply to this one as it is personal taste. There are many posts about the Tosh RP's so worth looking at the archives. I unfortunatly never had much luck with the 40" but am delighted with the 46wh08b. I didn't like the flicker on the 50 sets and find the 100 processing very good.

I am a happy bunny but take a real good look before you buy.

If you need any further info let me know.<br />Regards

3. PinkPanther

PinkPanther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Isn't there anybody else with suggestions?<br />Please.

4. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As newsposts says, there are lots of references to Toshiba RP tv's on here. It will eb quicker for you to look for them than to wait for replies. I agree with newspost, go for the WHO8B46 if you can afford to.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    These guys have the 42WH18 for £1514. Not much more than your £1500 max! Give it a month & Empire Direct will have them for £1500!!

<a href="http://www.avshopdirect.co.uk/shop1/rear/tos_42wh18b.htm" target="_blank">http://www.avshopdirect.co.uk/shop1/rear/tos_42wh18b.htm</a>

6. PinkPanther

PinkPanther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very nice price, but as I mentioned I live in Belgium, so UK shops aren't much help to me.