1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RPTV calibrator required Scotland

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Radioactive__Man, May 2, 2004.

1. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    as title, want someone to come and recalibrate my 46who8b RPTV, yes I know its all very easy etc in the service menu, but I can't be bothered, and quite frankly would like to have an unbiased opinion of how good or bad my current setup is .

I have tried contacting various "companies" mentioned on these forums, but for some reason none have replied by e-mail

2. weyland-yutani

weyland-yutani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    have you phoned toshiba?

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,788
  4. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    contact Toshiba !!!, are you mad, it took them [or more precicely there authorised service centre in Scotland] 9 months to find a dry solder joint on my component inpout board.

Gordon, yep pretty sure it was yourself, but never got an e-mail or it was filtered out with my extreme spam defeating measures :)

I guess I could have phoned, well actually I did and got an answering service, so did the e-mail route.

Now that I am considering a new telly, I am again wondering if I am I getting the best from my current setup, hence the thread

Last time I looked at a demo of a Plasma [Pioneer 433] it was actually a demo of a sub I was in for, and TBH the Plasma was less than inspiring compared to my current RPTV, lately I have noticed that the geometry isn't quite right, may be down to me getting a freeview box, but not a staight line issue more of a picture is too big for the viewable area of my RPTV

Bottom line is, I want a competent individual who can do the geometry and convergence setup from the service menu, and maybe convince me whether I should be considering a Plasma setup these days or stay with what I've got.

5. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,788
    Well I can tell you I have had no phone message or email. I have recently moed to BTBroadband and their spam filtering on their mail client is nuts. It filters over 100 Spams a day and I have to go check them all to see if any might be real. If I don't recognise the sender or the header looks weird they get deleted as I am too cowardly to open them up!

Where are you in Scotland?

Gordon

6. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Livingston

7. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    now a week since you asked my location, I reckon you are about 20 miles from me so are you able to give me an idea on price for your services Gordon ?

8. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,788
    Sorry Radiocaive man but I never actually saw your post of where you are until today. I do not subscirbe to threads as I am involved with quite a lot. Each day I go to new posts and see what's happening. Sometimes I seem to miss one or two.

Emailing convergentav@btinternet.com is safest bet (I know you have tried before and I didn't get it but you never know it might get through my spam filter this time)

As I have said I don't actually usually do rear projectors as demand is so small. ISF is not about geometric error fixing, convergence issues etc and these are extra's that are chargeable. Once you add that on to greyscale it starts to get expensive.

However, if you email me I will try to come up with a fee that's acceptable for both of us for me to come around and spend some time looking at how to get best out of the unit

Gordon