1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RPTV - Access to mirror / Bulbs

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Juvenut, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Juvenut

Juvenut
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I've posted on here before looking for some advice on a problem with my 42WH46 RPTV.

I'm very happy with it except for one problem.

When the screen is displaying a pure white image or indeed a white image at the right hand side of the screen...about half way up the immediate edge of the screen and moving in about 3-4 inches, there is a smokey yellow discolouration. The stranges thing about this is, sometimes when I switch the TV on its really obvious. Other times, its virtually non existent, then other times its barely visable but after a short while it gets worse.

As you can see the problem isnt to a similar level each time. I do have my active sub directly behind the TV and I thought the magnet in the speaker could possibly be affecting the 3 pots. Could I be right? I honestly dont think this is the cause.

So, what I wanna know is, can anyone advise whats causing this discolouration and also, to allow me to clean the dusty mirror and pots (i've peeked inside!) how do I get access to these internal mechanisms without ripping the entire TV apart cuz it seems to have many different levels to it internally and I dont wanna have to piece it all back together again. Cant I get the front off easily?

Many thanks for any help anyone can provide. Even tho this is the 42WH46 and the 42Wh36 is meant to be much better, anyone considering these tv's and are unsure, go for it. They pro's certainly outweight the few negatives. If it wasnt for this minor discolouration annoyance I'd be 100% satisfied!

2. steztheskinhead

steztheskinhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm getting the same thing on my 43VJ33Q which I bought from Argos about 4 weeks ago, but my yellowing is half way up on the left side with a smaller amount in the bottom right hand corner. Is it something that could be sorted if I were to ring Toshiba?

3. yahkjr

yahkjr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Juvenut,

I have a similar problem with a Tosh 42WH46. With mine there is a faint red ting to the right hand side of the screen.

This meant that if I was watching football, the pitch on the right of the screen always appeared to be muddy, as most pitches look towards the end of the season, the left was always green. White or very pale white/cream images always had a red ting to them.

I called out the engineers about a month after buying the set to be told it was a convergance problem which would settle down. To cut a long story short the TV developed another problem last week where it appeared to lose the signal from the coax arial feed for 24 hours. Could still view terrestrial signal via the VCR which was connected to the TV via a Scart.

Phoned up the engineers and told them to take the set away and fix both problems. That was last Wednesday and so far no news. Will give them till Thursday and give them a call. Assuming they fix the problem I will let you know what the solution was.

Also check the following thread:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151782&highlight=block

Kenneth.