Toshiba RPTV 50hz V 100hz

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by nathan_silly, Dec 30, 2002.

1. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've spotted the Toshiba 42" 42PW23 Widescreen RPTV set which is 50hz. The 42WT29 model is similar except DD and 100hz. Are Rear Projection 100hz sets better than the normal type 100hz sets? Do they still pixellate on fast camera pans? 50hz has never bothered me.

is the picture of the 42WT29 (DD and 100hz) model better? it is about £400 more- is it worth it?- I don't need a DD set though.

Can you disable it go back to 50hz?

thanks
    Nathan

2. jamesl01

jamesl01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nathan

I am also in the market for a 42" TV. Undecided as to whether it will be Plasma (expensive) or RPTV. The Toshiba you mention is reviewed in one of the HC mags this week. In there opinion this 50hz set produces "arguably the best picture they have ever seen on an RPTV".

Have a look on Pricerunner for decent prices. I've seen it advertised for £999! :)

3. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've found out the Tosh doesn't support 35Khz - so it's not Progressive Scan capable. I want this- I have component outputs on my DVD player, and I will add the iscan Pro unit later.

Looks like I'll need to wait for the next-gen RPTV's, or shop around front a front projector.

I don't believe any magazine reviews. I checkout with a DVD source for myself.

Nathan