1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RP TV, 40 PW03B...

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bubble_69, Mar 24, 2001.

1. bubble_69

bubble_69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am seriously considering about buying this TV after seeing it in Comet the other day.

Is there any serious problems I should be introduced to before spending my hard earned readies on.

I mainly have R1 DVDs and watch alot of OD if that helps, are there any other TVs in that size range that could be considered for purchase

Thanx

[​IMG] Bubble [​IMG]

2. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Toshiba 40WHO8B (note this ref. number, this tv has 100Hz which works very well and also component input), is by far the best choice. Also check around for the best buy, you should be able to pick one up for less than £1600, - try Sound & Vision Bolton. Comet are not the cheapest and don't give the best service. Be wary and good luck!

3. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would go for the WH 08B too. I had the Wp 03 for a while and it was replaced by the WH when the WP developed a fault....I am glad it did.

My Wife and I were getting terrible headacjes from the WP due to the lack of 100hz processing. I know a lot of people dont like 100hz (me included) but the WH handles it much better than any other set I have seen, and since owning it we have not suffered from any headaches from watching the tv.

You may not see any flicker on a 50hz CRT set, but when you start to move up to a set of 40" upwards it becomes VERY noticable.

------------------
    "Why don't we wait here a while...see what happens..."
    The member formaly known as Jason