1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toshiba RP - A Problem ?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by B-LINE, Aug 24, 2003.

1. B-LINE

B-LINE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi People ,

Nice to see a forum to help people like me out with gadgetry problems :blush:

Ok ive just taken delivery of a new model Toshiba 43VJ22P Rear pro

I have a problem though, when watching TV programs that have the black borders, widescreen for instance , it looks as if the picture is dipping/Tilting to one side, if you imagine a picture on a wall thats slightly tilted and you can see that it just isnt straight and it needs putting straight.

Thats as best as i can describe it, anyhow its now getting on my nerves as once you notice it you cant forget its like that

I was going to call the online retailer where i bought it from, however just looking at my normal sony 21 inch in the bedroom its has the same problem except it dips/tilts to the opposite side ,

Pictures on both TV's are not too good, im thinking because of the ariel , Shadows on some channels etc , but is there anything i can do to sort this and the main problem of the picture dipping/tilting to one side on the Tosh RP, its driving me insane and i really cant live with it , of course my wife cant see a big problem but i can ....help ! :(

Apologies for the long post , its just driving me up the wall.

2. dupfold

dupfold

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

Glad I'm not the only one! I have a Tosh 42wt29b with the same problem. The picture slopes slightly down from the left to right. I've had the engineers out and he fitted a new part. But now i've noticed it again and it is driving me crazy! Let me know if you find a way to correct this

Dean

3. B-LINE

B-LINE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey !

Im looking into it, im thinking its the ariel and im going to try getting a signal booster or something , at first i thought it was just my Toshiba RP but my sony is like this as well so it cant be a toshiba/TV fault.

I wouldnt mind so much but on a big TV you can notice it, will post back when i know more

Anyone with any input on this at all would be good

Thanks

4. dupfold

dupfold

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can imagine a booster would fix the shadow problem but surely not the tilt problem?

Let me know how you get on

5. B-LINE

B-LINE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need it anyway , Worth a try i suppose :(

Ive been reading on this forum about this AVIA setup thingy , do you think that would sort it ? or have you tried

I have no real knowledge of RP Tv's , i was a virgin with them but now ive had my first one lol

6. dupfold

dupfold

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was also a RP virgin so I'm no expert! I've read a lot too about this Avia dvd. Not sure what it does but I would like to find out.

7. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To adjust picture tilt you have to adjust the neck of CRT tube. The service manual has info on this.

My set also is tilting about 1 degree clockwise. Pity there is no user menu option- a mates old Sony CRT has this.