Toshiba Regza XV Series 32" + PS3 Sound Issue

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Z4ckii, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Z4ckii

Z4ckii
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused:Hello.

This is my first ever post and I hope I posted this in the right section if not I apologise :thumbsup:. My anger is so high right now I am seriously so fustrated. z

I will explain my problem :)

Ok so basically today I got my delivery, Toshiba HDTV full 1080p TV From Play.com

Link to the TV Play.com (UK) : Toshiba Regza XV Series 32" 32XV555 HD 1080p Freeview Widescreen LCD TV : Electronics - Free Delivery

The tv looks amazing, no doubt about that. I set it all up etc. But when it comes to the PS3.. the sound isn't working properly. It's so strange and it makes me just say to myself ***?

So I reset my PS3, plugged in the HDMI lead into HDMi 1 at the back of the TV. Went to the playstation 3 display settings and set it too 1080p

Set the HDMi Audio to automatic.

I get SOME sound for example on the XMB the key clicks. The key clicks only work when I go directly across the whole XMB, if I just press the directional button once then it dosen't play the key tone click. ( I hope this makes sense )

So anyway I load up fifa 09. Playstation 3 melody works. Plays the sound. Then the sound is dead.. no game sound at all.. so I am utterly lost there. So I say ok. I try a new hdmi lead and try all the other hdmi ports. Still the same. What is weird though. If i turn the TV on standby then turn it back on the sound works.. :confused:

So I tried to update the televisions firmware, said it was up do date. I then reset the TV and turned off all the SRS WOW effects and crap. Still the sound goes off.

If I turn the tv on with PS3 on then sound is fine. Then say I wanted to just leave a game paused, go look on freeview DTV, then come back to my game the sound wouldnt work again. So i'd need to turn the tv off and back on for the sound to work properly?

I also tested my playstaion 3 on my mums samsung HDTV and the sound works fine, no problems what so ever so there is something weird about my brand new tv.

I really don't know what is causing the problem I have tried everything I can think of.

I really hope somebody out there can shine some light on to me. I am only a studnet and that tv was a high budget for me.. Now I feel like I have wasted my money and I can't do anything about it.

Thanks for reading, hope you can help me :lease:

Zack

2. MichaelGL

MichaelGL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    It sounds like a faulty model, I'd ask PLAY for a new one

3. Jay

Jay
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    First things first, you've done all the necessary troubleshooting, you've tried a different cable and a different tv, if it was a problem with the ps3, you would have had the same issue on the samsung tv.

The tv appears to be the issue, you are entitled to a refund or exchange without a doubt, the tv is less than 24hrs old.

I would contact play.com first thing tomorrow to arrange collection.

Just out of interest are you witnessing any sound dropouts with other sources? Have you got a dvd player, sky or anything you could test?

Also have you got another hdmi device you could test, maybe a 360, sky hd?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  4. Z4ckii

Z4ckii
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nah just built in freeview mate.

Sound works fine with that. Like it's really good quality.

Just when I swtich to the HDMI sources + ps3 thats when the problem kicks in.

5. 5un

5un

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    heya,

i have the 37" version of this telly. with re: the xmb only makin sound if u go across all of them is jus the speakers are pretty quiet, thats all as i have a similar thing. but with it droppping sound out from games sounds like an actual hardware fault with the tv or the hdmi port, tried another port/ cable?

hope this helps

Peace

6. Jay

Jay
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,081
    It defintely isn;'t a problem with the ps3 as if it was the problem would be replicated on the samsung.

It sounds like a faulty hdmi board, which is why every hdmi port on your set displays the same problems.

Get on to play as soon as possible.

7. bigt-

bigt-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I used my ps3 on my monitor with HDMI and I had the same problem, there was a delay in sound, no sound when i press left or right in the XMB only when i hold it to go across. I used an external speakers connected to some phono cables, so maybe its the HDMI cable? I use really cheap ones like £1.50, I hope its not the PS3 for me because my waranty ran out a couple days ago:eek:

8. Z4ckii

Z4ckii
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so I did call up Play.com

They sent a replacement tv out.. Guess what! It still has the same problem :confused:

It's insane man.

I have 3 differnet hdmi cables. 3 hdtv's in my house. It works fine on the others.. But this brand new Toshiba tv, full 1080p.. Even has a game mode feature. So it's fully compatitble.

I have to turn the tv off and back on again for the sound to work with my ps3. I really am confused with this piece of technology.

Anybody else have any ideas? :lease:

9. COOPERMAN

COOPERMAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +705
    Hi mate,
    Don't have the same model TV but have the Z series.
    Menu's should be the same, have you tried changing the AV audio settings.
    HDMI is set to auto by default try changing it to digital to see if that helps!

10. Spacedeck

Spacedeck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    What model are the new Toshibas? As I'm currently saving for the 32RV:eek: